I recently wrote a number of brief “ab” training articles for MuscleMag.com. They are a series of pieces that explain some of my favorite go-to movements. This one talks about a TRX Suspension Trainer ‘ab blast’.
The TRX Suspension Trainer is one of the most versatile pieces of equipment on the market today. While you are able to get a complete, full-body routine in with the TRX, today we are going to focus on the ever-elusive 6-pack.
A couple benefits of using the TRX include:
- Due to its versatility, it can be used by all levels from beginners to advanced exercisers.
- It’s portable so it can be used just about anywhere.
- Can help with a number of goals à improve sports performance, lose weight, gain strength, rehab an injury, etc.
- You stand up to train. People sit too much and have sedentary lifestyles. This allows you to get off your butt and move.
- It’s all core all the time. TRX requires you to constantly remain “engaged” throughout your entire body.
Here is a simple yet challenging 3-movement circuit that you can do a couple days a week.
READ THE REST OF THE ARTICLE HERE (or click the image)
About Doug Balzarini
Doug Balzarini, CSCS, MMA-CC, is the owner of DB Strength, which provides fitness training, education, and resources. He is also the strength and conditioning coach for Alliance MMA where he works with UFC Champion Dominick Cruz, Bellator Champion Michael Chandler, Phil Davis, Brandon Vera, Travis Browne, Ross Pearson, Alexander Gustafsson, and more. Prior to starting his own business, Doug worked at Fitness Quest 10 as a personal trainer, strength coach, and Operations Director for Todd Durkin Enterprises (TDE).
He has completed some graduate work in Biomechanics at SDSU and has obtained multiple certifications including ACE, NSCA-CSCS, MMA-CC, TFW Level 1, TRX instructor training, RIP training, EFI Gravity instructor training, LIFT Sandbag Certification, and FMS training. He has produced his 2 DVD projects on strength training for combat athletes, appeared in many fitness videos and articles, and was a coach on “The Ultimate Fighter” FOX TV show in 2012.
For more information please visit www.dbstrength.com.